Hero Points for POS 2009 from Retail Hero gives your Microsoft POS 2009 software the ability to add customer loyalty functions, terrific for increasing return customers and improving sales. Unlike similar mass customer loyalty programs, Hero Points gives you full control over collection and redemption, with no service charges or recurring fees.
Running in the background, Hero Points allows employes to perform day to day transactions as usual, only alerting them when a customer has hit a collection threshold or is eligible for point redemption. Points are accrued through a variety of methods, including per dollar, department, or even special items, giving you the option to promote products as necessary. Point redemption can be customized, including reward items, percentage discounts, or free gifts at certain thresholds.
Sample Collection Methods:
- Fixed Point Collection - Spend a dollar, get a point
- Variable Collection - Get more points depending on department items came from
- Basket Mode - Higher points at transaction tiers
- Bonus Points - Extra points for a department, but the points expire quickly
- Welcome Points - All new customers receive extra points with first purchase
- Accelerators - Double or triple points during specific times or transaction tiers
- Exceptions - No points for certain transactions (work orders, layaway, etc.) unless a minimum purchase is met
Sample Point Redemption Methods:
- Discount for certain point values
- Dollar discount applied as transaction discount or "reward item"
- Different percentages off at different point tiers
- Free gifts at certain point thresholds